In the modern technological atmosphere, global retail takes on a hybrid form.
Brands that have traditionally restricted consumer access to their prestige with limited physical locations in key affluent markets are entering the democratized digital market. Pure-play e-commerce retailers are capitalizing on the experiential benefits of brick and mortar.
Hybrids operations create new challenges for retailers as they strive to accomplish operational excellence. These new challenges require new combinations of retail tools and applications that can connect and collaborate to create the particular customers experience a retailer is after.
- Complex combinations of corporate stores, store-in-store and franchises.
- Customer and employee management across local and global physical locations.
- Integrated inventory and operations management across digital and physical channels.
The PHILIPP PLEIN brand was established in 1998 in Monaco of Bavaria (Germany), and made its name in luxury with their unique design of forniture and home accessories. In 2004, the brand expanded its metallic tastes into fashion clothing and accessories for men, women and children.
2009, Christened Philipp Plein as a true brick and mortar retailer with the brand’s first flagship store, opened in Monte Carlo, and its first showroom in Milan. Philipp Plein boutiques are true to the brand’s hard-core streak: décor includes black and white stone, chrome steel, exotic leather jackets, huge chandelier in Murano glass, and a giant skull encrusted with CRYSTALLIZED ™ – Swarovski Elements.
By the end of 2014, Philipp Plein dazzled shoppers with over 40 stores throughout the world in key shopping meccas like Mila, Paris, Dusseldorf, New York, Los Angeles, Moscow, Hong Kong, Seoul and Dubai.
As they expand their physical presence and solidify their digital impact across the globe, the company found itself in need of a retail solution that would:
- Integrate data between partner applications, suppliers and customers.
- Support their multi-channel business needs (retail, wholesale/franchise, and e-commerce)
- Enable advanced management and automation of their basic processes.
- Allow for the evolution of their corporate structure in the mid to long-term.
Philipp Plein decided to implement and integrated multi-channel platform consisting of the following tools:
- Retail Pro as a POS solution for stores.
- B2C e-commerce.
- Omnichannel Business Intelligence module.
Retail Pro will be installed in 35 stores in 13 countries – Armenia, Austria, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, Qatar, Spain, Switzerland, USA – in addition to stores scheduled to open boefore the year’s end.
The high complexity of their strategy necessitated collaboration between various parties, including 7 other Retail Pro Business Partners, suppliers of ERP systems and EDI services.
With their new integrated solution, Philipp Plein has laid the foundation for achieving the following benefits:
- Increased productivity.
- Reduction in TCO and infrastructure management costs.
- Simplicity and efficiency with integrated applications.
- Flexibility in providing cross-channel experience for both customers and employees.
- Reducción del TCO y de los costes de la gestión de infraestructura.
- Simplicidad y eficiencia con la integración de aplicaciones.
- Flexibilidad en proveer experiencia cruzadas en los canales para ambos, clientes y empleados.